2022-2023 season calendar
Youth Strings – 3:45 to 4:30 PM
Flore Ensemble – 4:15 to 4:45 PM
Preparatory Orchestra – 4:45 to 6:15 PM
Symphony Orchestra – 6:30 to 8:15 PM
Virtuosi – 8:15 to 9:00 PM
320 Via Las Brisas, Newbury Park, CA 91320
9/8 Fall Semester First Rehearsal
and Mandatory Orientation
11/24 No Rehearsal (Thanksgiving Break)
12/8 Last Rehearsal and Cookie Party
1/12 Spring Semester First Rehearsal
3/23 Open Rehearsal and Pizza Party
4/6 No Rehearsal (Easter Week)
6/1 Last Rehearsal and Cookie Party
Gala Concerts (All Orchestras)
12/11 at 3 PM – Kavli Theater, Thousand Oaks
6/4 at 3 PM – Kavli Theater, Thousand Oaks
Dialogues Concerts (Virtuosi)
10/29 at 6 PM – Stonehaus, Westlake
3/12 at 7 PM – Padre Serra, Camarillo
4/2 at 7 PM – Godspeak Church, Newbury Park
Virtuosi Special Events
12/17 at 7 PM – Messiah Concert
5/21 at 2 PM – Flash Mob Concert at Oaks Mall
10/30 Temple Simcha
11/5 Padre Serra
1/30 Temple Simcha
3/26 Temple Simcha
5/20 Padre Serra
11/20 – Wallis Theater, Beverly Hills
2/19 – Kavli Theater, Thousand Oaks
An Important Note To Incoming Musicians
CVYO welcomes the aspiring young artists of our community to an unforgettable musical experience that will last a lifetime.
To prepare for your season, please take note of a few important dates and calendar items:
1. Note your ensemble’s rehearsal time and location.
2. Make note of special rehearsals (orientation, open rehearsal…).
3. Make note of Gala Concert dates in your calendar. These are our culminating performances for all orchestras.
4. Make time to attend at least one Dialogues Concert and one CYAS concert around your schedule.
The Virtuosi Ensemble, a chamber orchestra comprised primarily of the principal players of our Symphony Orchestra, is the most prestigious ensemble in our program. Virtuosi studies an additional program in parallel with the Symphony Orchestra, culminating in the performance of an entire symphony. Virtuosi also plays 3 additional concerts and members receive concert stipends to offset tuition costs.
It is an ensemble that each of our junior musicians should aspire to. Attending performances, where younger members can hear their role models perform, is an important part of musical development at CVYO. Attendance to these important concerts affects promotion during audition season.
(Keep Scrolling For Tuition Information)
$1,000 for the season or $700 for a single semester
Each musician will be billed online. Billing is never discussed during rehearsal.
FULL SEASON PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- A single payment of $960 if paid in September (a $40 discount).
- Two monthly payments of $500 due in September and October.
- Four monthly payments of $270 due in September, October, November, and December (a $40 payment plan fee).
SINGLE SEMESTER PAYMENT OPTIONS:
- A single payment of $700.
- Two monthly payments of $370 (a $40 payment plan fee).
- We do not charge audition fees to any of our members. Your audition fee will be credited towards your tuition upon enrollment in the orchestra program.
Scholarships and Internships
- Exceptional Leadership Scholarships (up to 25% of tuition) are available to principal players of the Symphony Orchestra. Recipients commit to guest coaching and mentoring their younger colleagues in Preparatory Orchestra and Youth Strings once per month. Candidates must have previously held principal positions for at least one semester in good standing.
- Distinguished Young Artist Scholarships (up to 100% tuition) are available to principal players of the Symphony Orchestra who have qualified for Exceptional Leadership Scholarships in previous years. Recipients have demonstrated extraordinary leadership and reliability during their entire tenure at CVYO, are representative of CVYO in their community through competitions and volunteer work, and exhibit a level of technical ability and artistry beyond their years.
- A limited amount of internships are available that include partial tuition stipends in exchange for logistical volunteer work such as rehearsal setup, front desk work, administrative help, or media team.