Youth Strings – 3:45 to 4:30 PM
Flore Ensemble – 4:15 to 4:45 PM
Preparatory Orchestra – 4:45 to 6:15 PM
Symphony Orchestra – 6:30 to 8:15 PM
Virtuosi – 8:15 to 9:00 PM
Semester 1 Begins – September 9th
Thanksgiving Break – November 25th
Semester 1 Final Rehearsal – December 9th
Semester 2 Begins – January 13th
Spring Break – April 14th
Semester 2 Final Rehearsal – June 2nd
Tuition cost is $1,000 for the season
Each musician will be billed online. Billing is never discussed during rehearsal. Payment options are available:
- A single payment of $940 if paid in September (a $40 discount)
- Two payments of $490 due in September and October.
- Four payments of $260 due in September, October, November, and December (a $40 payment plan fee).
- We do not charge audition fees to any of our members. Your audition fee will be credited towards your tuition upon enrollment in the orchestra program.
Scholarships and Internships
- Exceptional Leadership Scholarships (up to 25% of tuition) are available to principal players of the Symphony Orchestra. Recipients commit to guest coaching and mentoring their younger colleagues in Preparatory Orchestra and Youth Strings once per month. Candidates must have previously held principal positions for at least one semester in good standing.
- Distinguished Young Artist Scholarships (up to 100% tuition) are available to principal players of the Symphony Orchestra who have qualified for Exceptional Leadership Scholarships in previous years. Recipients have demonstrated extraordinary leadership and reliability during their entire tenure at CVYO, are representative of CVYO in their community through competitions and volunteer work, and exhibit a level of technical ability and artistry beyond their years.
- A limited amount of internships are available that include partial tuition stipends in exchange for logistical volunteer work such as rehearsal setup, front desk work, administrative help, or media team.