We are committed to the safety of our musicians and families
We are grateful for the patience and consideration of our musicians and families while we navigated the challenges of the 2020-21 lockdown. We have taken into consideration state and federal guidance, as well as the VCOP’s safety policy which allowed for safe orchestral rehearsal without COVID transmission. Below is the official safety policy for our 2021-22 season:
- The use of masks is optional at all times. We are face friendly and mask friendly at rehearsals.
- We will continue to employ the state-of-the-art air filtration system at our rehearsal facility.
- Students will be reminded to be considerate of the comfort levels of their colleagues and to employ physical distancing if requested.
- String players may request to rehearse without a stand partner.
- The use of PPE (bell covers and shields) for wind players is optional.
- Musicians will be reminded regularly to communicate any symptoms of illness and to stay home from rehearsal if necessary.