CVYO is thrilled to announce our full reopening for the 2021-2022 season!
REGISTER FOR SPRING SEMESTER BELOW
CVYO finished our first semester with our Winter Gala Concert on December 12th, with all 5 orchestras giving stunning performances.
Auditions for Spring Semester are now open. Rehearsals start January 13th, but this year we will be accepting students through the end of January. Please start by filling out our registration form below, and we will be in contact with you shortly.
Fill out the registration form.
Pay the registration fee.
Submit your recording.
Schedule your live audition.
(Summer auditions only)
*If you are a high school graduate and currently enrolled in a university, you automatically qualify for a 20% tuition discount. If you have played with CVYO in the Symphony Orchestra, you do not have to submit a video audition. College students are not eligible for principal positions.
Check out our helpful audition hints before recording your video.
Recording Submission Deadline:
July 23rd and 24th
August 6th and 7th
- Select your instrument.
- Read the audition recording instructions.
- Locate the excerpt for your ensemble.
- Record your performance.
- Upload to YouTube as unlisted.
- Send your audition video link to: email@example.com
To upload your video to YouTube directly from your mobile device:
- Open your YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “upload” button (usually an up-arrow or plus) and select your video from your gallery.
- Set Privacy to “Unlisted,” enter your title and description, and press Upload.
- When you are finished, tap the “share” icon. Copy the link to your clipboard for your share link.
- If you need more help, click here.
Principal positions are available to strings, winds, brass, and percussion players in Symphony Orchestra, and to strings players in Preparatory Orchestra.
Principal auditions are held in September after rehearsals begin (usually during the second week of rehearsal). Candidates will show exceptional preparation and commitment in their ensembles. The principal audition will include two unprepared excerpts from the entire semester’s repertoire, and two brief interview questions.
Principal players receive a wonderful opportunity to hone their leadership and communication skills by having greater interaction with each other and the conductor.
Virtuosi members are required to play a principal audition to be considered for the ensemble.
If you will be absent for principal auditions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.