CVYO is thrilled to announce our full reopening for the 2021-2022 season! Take a video tour of our new rehearsal home on our home page, and look over our information and policy page below. We also highly recommend looking over the
season music page to help you assess the difficulty of the upcoming season repertoire.
Next Important Dates:
In-Person Auditions: July 23rd-24th, August 6th-7th
Late Deadline: August 15th Recording Submission Deadline (by request)
(Audition recordings must be submitted before attending an in-person audition)
Fill out the registration form.
Pay the registration fee.
Submit your recording.
Schedule your audition.
Check out our helpful audition hints before recording your video.
Recording Submission Deadline:
July 23rd and 24th
August 6th and 7th
- Select your instrument.
- Read the audition recording instructions.
- Locate the excerpt for your ensemble.
- Record your performance.
- Upload to YouTube as unlisted.
- Send your audition video link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To upload your video to YouTube directly from your mobile device:
- Open your YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “upload” button (usually an up-arrow or plus).
- Select your video from your gallery.
- Set Privacy to “Unlisted.”
- Enter your video title and description.
- Press Upload.
- When you are finished, tap the “share” icon (usually a sideways V or triangle). Copy the link to your clipboard for your share link.
- If you need more help, click here.
Principal positions are available to strings, winds, brass, and percussion players in Symphony Orchestra, and to strings players in Preparatory Orchestra.
Principal auditions are held in September after rehearsals begin (usually during the second week of rehearsal). Candidates will show exceptional preparation and commitment in their ensembles. The principal audition will include two unprepared excerpts from the entire semester’s repertoire, and two brief interview questions.
Principal players receive a wonderful opportunity to hone their leadership and communication skills by having greater interaction with each other and the conductor.
Virtuosi members are required to play a principal audition to be considered for the ensemble.